Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Training Rides - Part2

Red Cedar River - Menominee, WI


In May, I began to feel comfortable ranging further from home. People began to venture out from home to visit relatives and friends. Some service related businesses began to open again.  I made trips to Lodi, Sheboygan, Minneapolis,  and Franklin. I rode in Minneapolis on Memorial Day.  I didn’t know it at the time, but my ride took me within 10 blocks of the George Floyd murder, which happened just hours after I had been near that area. 
My daily bike rides continued.  I found out that Charles Lindbergh landed in Madison, near what is now Southtown. And of. course those daily rides wrapped up by beautiful Lake Waubesa.

Retirement day, May 29, came and went, but the bike riding continued. Then it seemed like a hundred details to take care of.  Departure day came up quickly.  Finally on June 11, I was ready to roll.

Blue Harbor Resort - Sheboygan

Lake Michigan

Mississippi River - Minneapolis, MN

Minneapolis

Chippewa River - west of Eau Claire
Red Cedar River

 Charles Lindbergh In Madison



Ski Area -Franklin
Lodi area
Lodi area

Lodi. Area

Lake Waubesa

Lake Waubesa


Sunset in McFarland 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 11: Parshall and New Town

Van Hook Bay of Lake Sakakawea near New Town A familiar foe showed up on day 4 - a tough headwind.  Generally, this year I found the cycling...